Artistique Photography by Nicolette
Checklists and Countdown to your Wedding Day
I would recommend 6 - 12 months planning for your Wedding Day, but don't worry if you have a shorter planning time, perhaps you have a different style of wedding where there is not as much detailed planning required. Some suppliers are able to work within shorter time frames, but to avoid disappointment I advise booking your suppliers as soon as your wedding date has been set, most importantly your venue and photographer.
It is a good idea to get a Bride's Planning Diary or create your own spreadsheet and I have listed items below, which you should check off in the time frame I have included, based on your wedding planning from 6 - 12 months. Remember, I can always offer you help in selecting reputable wedding vendors if your wedding is planned for NSW Central Coast, or Hunter Valley.
6 - 12 months
First of all you will need to work out your Wedding Budget and next on the list will be to:
- Confirm Wedding Date, Location and Time.
- Book Wedding Venue.
- Book Photographer / Videographer.
- Book Caterer.
- Minister, Celebrant or Priest.
- Choose your Bridal Party.
- Decide on your Theme, Colour, Style.
- Book your Florist.
- Select your Make Up Artist.
- Book Band, DJ, MC, Musicians.
- Choose your Wedding Gown.
- Book Wedding Transport.
- Compile Guest List.
- Send guests Save the Date notice.
- Organise Engagement Party.
- Check what Bridal Fairs may be on in your area.
- Organise Wedding Insurance.
Your Wedding Day
- Order your Wedding Cake.
- Decide on the design of your Wedding Invitations.
- Make appointment with Make up Artist and Hair Stylist for trial run and book for your wedding day.
- Decide on Bridal Party attire and arrange fittings for groomsmen.
- Send invitations and record acceptances and refusals as they come in.
- Bomboniere - wedding gifts and gifts to one another.
- Make Honeymoon plans.
- Check Passports.
- Purchase the Wedding Rings.
- Dance lessons for your first dance.
- Decide on wedding menu and give guest numbers expected to the caterer.
- Give Florist colour scheme and order corsages for mothers of bride and groom.
- Decide where bridesmaids and groomsmen will dress on the day.
- Purchase gifts for Bridal Party.
- Write Vows, if doing your own.
- Let your bridal party know who is required to do a speech.
- Book Hotel room for wedding night.
- Hens Night.
- Prepare your Wedding Day time line.
- Check with Celebrant whether you need to apply for Wedding Licence or whether they will do that for you.
- Arrange seating details at Reception.
- Have final Wedding Gown fitting and don't forget to take your shoes along too!
- Arrange fittings for Bridal Party.
- Chase up late RSVPs to invitations and finalise guest list.
- Let Venue, Caterer and Photographer know your final numbers.
- Set a date for Wedding Rehearsal.
- Confirm all Transport arrangements.
- Prepare table place cards.
- Confirm all arrangements, Photographer, Venue, Caterer, Florist etc.
- Check all Place Cards, table decorations and settings are correct.
- Collect suits.
- Have Going Away Bag ready for hotel.
- Make sure you Eat, Hydrate, Relax and Sleep well.
- Have Manicure / Pedicure.
- Confirm Wedding Day transport.
- If getting ready at Hotel/Motel, let Photographer, Make Up and Hair know your room number!
- Lay everything out for your wedding.
- Have cash ready for services requiring payment on your wedding day.
Your Wedding Day
- Relax, Smile, don't worry about anything, and have a fabulous day!