Wednesday 11 May 2016

Artistique Photography by Nicolette - Perfect time of day for Portrait Session

 
Artistique Photography by Nicolette
 
Perfect time of day for Portrait Session
 
A great portrait is the relationship between the subject and the photographer.  If the photographer is tense, this will show in the portraits.
 
 
As a Wedding and Portrait Photographer, I like to advise my clients to have their outdoor portraits in the golden hour before sunset (not always possible with wedding photography), or if they are early birds, in the hour after sunrise!  This is because the light is beautiful and soft.  I like natural light portraits, but as the sunset approaches, I use a little fill in flash to avoid silhouette. 
 
Here is a recent late afternoon portrait session with Sharon.  We had a lot of fun together and it is important that I get to know my clients, relate well to them and make it a fun session for them too!
 
 
 
I like to take along a few props, a couple umbrellas from my large stock of wedding umbrellas, perhaps some bubbles to blow if children are in the portrait session.
 




Here are a few more photos from our photo session at the jetty recently. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment