Artistique Photography by Nicolette
20 Ideas for your Reception
I have seen many fantastic ideas at Wedding Receptions over the last few years and thought I would share some of these with you.
1. Photo of you both on white mounting board. All of my wedding photography packages offer a pre wedding photo session and I like to do this at least a couple of months before the wedding day. A nice idea is to have guests sign all around a photo on the white mounting board at the Reception. Later you can get this framed and put on your wall.
2. Toast the woman who has had a greatest impact on your life and then hand your bouquet to her as a special tribute.
3. Honour your parents and grandparents by having a framed photo of them on their wedding day.
4. Framed photos of you both as children and put them on guest tables.
5. Have the candy bar themed to your wedding colours.
6. Special cake topper of something special to you both, could be a hobby or a favourite pet! Something a little different from the traditional cake toppers available.
7. Framed window with glass makes an excellent window of memories with all of your guests signing the glass in permanent felt pen.
8. Put a blank card and pen at each place setting and ask guests to jot down their favourite memory of you or the groom. Later you can bind all the cards into an album.
9. Surprise your guests with small handwritten note inside a small bottle (or on each name card) with a personal message, e.g. for John “thanks for flying over from the UK for our wedding”.
10. Give each table a name of a special place, street, town that relates to your courtship, e.g. Anzac Ave, Newcastle, Sydney…
11. Instead of traditional guest book, why not select a coffee table book, perhaps filled with photos of you both and have guests sign on the photos or in the margins around the photos.
12. A trivia quiz is a great way to interact with your guests and this can be organised by the best man and each table works as a team.
13. Print your wedding date and your name under your wedding shoes, or have Mr & Mrs printed.
14. An old letterbox makes and excellent wedding card box.
15. On the RSVP card ask guests to jot down their favourite song. That way your dance floor will be packed!
16. Instead of throwing bouquet why not give it to the guests who have been married the longest.
17. Birthdays, Anniversaries are good to toast to.
18. Wrap favours in ribbon themed to your wedding colours and printed with your names and wedding date.
19. For themed weddings, e.g. French theme, have a bicycle as a prop with basket of baguettes in the Reception, you might even want to ride it!
20. A sparkler farewell is beautiful when your guests form an archway, but remember to get the 36” sparklers.