Wednesday 23 August 2017

Artistique Wedding Photography - Unplugged Weddings

Artistique Wedding Photography

The Unplugged Wedding Ceremony

I am in New Zealand on Photography assignments for a coiple of weeks and decided to pop into the local supermarket to check out the wine, maybe a nice bottle of red with dinner.  I saw a bottle of "Unplugged" jump out at me, and as a wedding photographer it instantly rang a bell with me, the "Unplugged Wedding Ceremony".  I am sure many brides are familiar with this term as they go forward on planning their wedding ceremonies, perhaps the celebrant had mentioned this or the photographer.  Artistique Wedding Photography on the Central Coast, NSW recommends the Unplugged ceremony and for the following reasons:
  • Guests are paying more attention to their family members / friends exchanging vows
  • Guests remain in one place seated or standing during the ceremony and not moving up behind the bride and groom holding up the iPad to get that exchange of rings or the kiss shot
  • Photos are not immediately posted onto social media and some couples may request that guests withhold doing this until the professional photographer has submitted a sneak preview album 
Having captured hundreds of weddings I have seen it all, the iPad held up behind the bride and groom, the guest tripping over the legs of a speaker tripod and having it crash down on guests, a guest asking me to move out of the way and the list goes on!  

So please consider carefully whether you really want the majority of your guests clicking away during your ceremony!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your most welcome Nicolette. Also I'd like to mention that the tips you shared on Artistic Wedding Photography has helped me clear my doubts on the same. Thanks again

      Delete
  2. Good work in site and good Blog. and very useful for people so keep sharing and posting.

    ReplyDelete